“It is more important to remember God than to breathe.” – St. Gregory the Theologian

Thursday, May 25, 2006

my Alter Ego

i have an alter ego... her name is the Pink Bandido Lady. she walks around on smelly days with a pink chenille scarf wrapped around her face, looking like she's gonna rob a bank!

combine that with pink dreads, i'm an interesting sight.

i think it's really important to keep a sense of humour about my struggles. there's not point in griping, there's no point in wishing it was different becuase that's not going to make it any different, and God has something He wants me to learn through all this.

the Pink Bandido Lady goes to church, too. whoa, sunday morning is the stinky-fest of the week! all those people freshly groomed, sprayed, powdered, and hosed down in their favorite colognes.... gack. it's taken a lot of humility - dare i say humiliation? - to get to the point of being willing to look like that at church....

but when it comes down to it, my choice is simple - miss church, or feel foolish. i choose feeling foolish, becuase nothing is worth missing my time with God's people. least of all my pride!

No comments: